MDC – If you harvest a deer from certain counties in the CWD Management Zone during Nov. 10 or 11, 2018, you must take your deer — or the head with at least 6 inches of the neck in place — on the day of harvest to one of the following CWD sampling stations listed below.
The 31 counties for mandatory sampling are: Adair, Barry, Bollinger, Cape Girardeau, Cedar, Cole, Crawford, Franklin, Grundy, Hickory, Jefferson, Knox, Linn, Macon, Madison, McDonald, Mercer, Moniteau, Ozark, Perry, Polk, Putnam, St. Charles, St. Clair, St. Francois, Ste. Genevieve, Stone, Sullivan, Taney, Warren, and Washington.
They included new counties added to the CWD Management Zone, counties with previous CWD positives, and counties very near previous positives.
Saturday, Nov. 10 & Sunday, Nov. 11, 2018, 7:30 AM – 8 PM
Edina Farm and Home 204 W. Reid St. Edina, Mo. 63537 NEMO Fairgrounds 2700 East Illinois St. Kirksville, Mo. 63501 Macon County Fairgrounds South Highway 63 at Route PP Macon, Mo. 63552
Time Saving Tips
- Telecheck deer before going to a sampling location.
- Have completed permit information ready.
- Be prepared to locate the harvest location on a map.
- Position deer in the vehicle so the head and neck are easily accessible.
- Have the detached head or cape with about 6 inches of neck ready for sampling.