I-70 near Kansas City will be CLOSED between I-435 and I-470 beginning Friday night
JACKSON COUNTY – Major traffic impacts are expected later this week in the Kansas City area when Interstate 70 will be COMPLETELY CLOSED in both directions between I-435 and I-470.
The closure, which will begin at 10 p.m. on Friday, June 8 and last until approximately 5 a.m. on Monday, June 11, is needed to enable demolition of the Pittman Road, Crysler Avenue and Phelps Road bridges over I-70.
The Missouri Department of Transportation encourages motorists to plan ahead. They MUST follow the signed detour using I-470 and I-435, or find an alternate route. All work is weather permitting.
- Eastbound I-70 ramp closures include:
o Manchester Trafficway to eastbound I-70.
o Northbound and southbound I-435 ramps to eastbound I-70.
o Blue Ridge Cutoff ramp to eastbound I-70.
o Highway 40 ramp to eastbound I-70.
o Blue Ridge Blvd. Ramp to eastbound I-70.
o Noland Road ramp to eastbound I-70.
- Westbound I-70 ramp closures include:
o Northbound and southbound I-470/Route 291 ramps to westbound I-70.
o Lee’s Summit Road ramp to westbound I-70.
o Noland Road ramp to westbound I-70.
o Highway 40 ramp to westbound I-70.
- Eastbound I-70 will be reduced to one lane from Manchester Trafficway to Blue Ridge Cutoff. Any traffic that does not follow the detour onto southbound I-435 will be moved off at Blue Ridge Cutoff.
- Westbound I-70 will be reduced to one lane before the Route 291 and the I-470 interchange. All traffic will be routed onto southbound Route 291/I-470.
- Southbound Route 291 just north of I-70 will be reduced to one lane to accommodate merging traffic from westbound I-70.
For more information about MoDOT news, projects or events, please visit our website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity. For instant updates, follow MoDOT_KC on Twitter, or share posts and comments on our Facebook at www.facebook.com/MoDOT.KansasCity. MoDOT Kansas City maintains more than 7,000 miles of state roadway in nine counties. Sign up online for work zone updates or call 888-ASK-MODOT (275-6636).